To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our customers' most frequently asked questions  If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.  

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is my water discolored?

A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.

What chemicals does our utility district add to the water?

Only chemicals that are approved by the National Safety Foundation for treatment of drinking water. 

My water tastes, looks, and smells funny. Is it safe to drink?

All public water systems are required to maintain a minimum chlorine level of 0.2 mg/L (tested at the end of each line) by state law.  Systems that use chloramine as a disinfectant must maintain a level of 0.5 mg/L by state law. Our disinfectant levels are tested daily to ensure safety.  

Why does debris come out of the faucet when running hot water?

Most likely your water heater needs to be flushed. CAUTION: Most manufacturers recommend hiring a professional to flush your water heater. If you plan on doing this yourself, read the owner's manual to keep from being hurt and or damaging the water heater.

Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?

We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.

Can I reserve a meter by phone?

No, because of  the number of documents that are required, it is preferable that you come in.

Can I discontinue service without coming in?

Yes, a form is provided at the website under Customer Forms. You can complete the form electronically, or you may e-mail the form in along with a copy of your driver's License or picture ID for customer verification.

Can I Set a New Service by Phone?

No. The owner needs to come in and point out the location on a map. Due to cost and liability issues, this is a requirement.

Can I use my bank's on-line bill payment service to pay my bill?

Yes, but please be aware that this is what happens: You access your account and the amount of our bill is immediately debited from your account. A notice is then sent to the bank's contractor - usually in another state - and they will manually cut a physical check to Cash SUD, which is put in the mail. It takes 5-10 days for the check to arrive at our office, where it is posted the day we receive it. Our customers are upset when those payments do not arrive by the due date and they are charged a late fee. We do not have the capacity to have payment from electronic banking services transferred directly to our account. Until that time occurs, we encourage you to use the free draft service that we offer. You will continue to receive a bill, just as you do now, but in the square at the top right corner, there will be a message reading "Bill To Be Drafted on Due Date" (which is 15 days after it is mailed). You will have that length of time to enter the amount into your checkbook and prepare for payment.

Can I put my water meter on property owned by someone else?

No. There are clear rules established by the TCEQ and Cash SUD:

30 TAC 291.86(a)(3) Location of Meters. Meters shall be located on the customer’s property, readily accessible for maintenance and reading and, so far as practicable, the meter shall be at a location mutually acceptable to the customer and the utility. The meter shall be installed so as to be unaffected by climatic conditions and reasonably secure from damage.

30 TAC 291.86 (a)(2)(A) The utility shall furnish and install, for the purpose of connecting its distribution system to the service applicant's property, the service pipe from its main to the meter location on the service applicant’s property. See also s291.86(a)(3) of this title (relating to Service Connections). For all new installations, a utility owned cut-off valve shall be provided on the utility side of the meter. Utilities without customer meters shall provide and maintain a cut-off valve on the customer’s property as near the property line as possible. This does not relieve the utility of the obligation to comply with s291.89 of this title (relating to meters).

Section F 9(a) All District waterlines shall be located within an easement that is contiguous at all points to a state highway or county approved and maintained road right of way.